Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Do I need to treat my pain varicocele ?

i have large varicocele in my left testis..but i dont feel any paint as what others says...and about infertility , i was able to impregnate my ex-girlfriend four times..does it mean i still need to have my varicocele treated? cause last month me and my girlfriend tried to conceive but we failed..
Asked On : Wed, 24 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Varicocele is enlargement of the veins covering the testis. It increases temperature over testis. If there is more temperature near testis, it will get damaged. Infertility may not be common in one side varicocele but if there is testis damage, then it will have to be removed otherwise high chance of it becoming cancer and also less male hormone in your body. So do not hesitate, get a checkup and get treatment which is only surgery, no medicine will help. The testis can be saved if significant damage is not done.
Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor