Do I need to see a doctor immediately for a painful and swollen knee after a minor accident?

I walked into a piece of 1/4 plate steel with rounded corner ,it hit my right knee about 2 above knee cap abut 1 to the right of center.Swollen,hot,very painful to bend ,walk,sleep.I have been put in ice pack on it.Should I try to see my normal Dr or go to urgentcare.Thanks XXXX
Thu, 8 Aug 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to a knee injury.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

I also recommend using ice compresses for local application and rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician