Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
139 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Do I need to see a doctor immediately for a painful and swollen knee after a minor accident?

I walked into a piece of 1/4 plate steel with rounded corner ,it hit my right knee about 2 above knee cap abut 1 to the right of center.Swollen,hot,very painful to bend ,walk,sleep.I have been put in ice pack on it.Should I try to see my normal Dr or go to urgentcare.Thanks XXXX
Thu, 8 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms seem to be related to a knee injury.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

I also recommend using ice compresses for local application and rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Did jumping jacks this morning and my knee popped. No pain. Immediately put ice on it just in case. Now it feels poofy . I don t know how else to...