Do I need medicine for 140/90 BP ?

Do i need medicine for 140/90 blood pressure?? 31 year old
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
It is normal or potential hypertensive, you can reverse to normal by changing life style, exercise, diet etc.

My BP is 140/90. I have been prescribed nebicard SM in the morning and eritel 40 in the evening. My calcium level in blood is 8 and vitamin D level is 5.56ng/ml. Is it safe for me to have these medicines? I am taking calciferol sachet on every Saturday.

I am 19 years old married women. My BP was 140/100 mm of Hg always. Now it s 160/110 mm of Hg. Should I use medicine or not? Should I use medicine for whole life once I have taken? Can I stop medicine,if my BP is controlled? I am totally confused whether I should use medicine or not and I am confuse that I have hypertension or this is my normal BP? Please solve my problem.

Sir , I am 41 years old male and using Tazloc 20 but my BP was 140/ 90 to 140/100 after that my Dr. Advised to add Prolomet xl 25 with tazloc 20 from last 10 days but my BP still 140/100 it is not comming down please advise what to do . I had not taken salt in my food for full one day but BP Still 140/100 morning and evening .

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I have had high blood pressure since I was 14, and now im 18. I am not fat, I eat healthy for the most part. I do not smoke or drink at all or take any illegal drugs. I am on Lisinipril 20mg and hydrochlorithyzide 25mg. My doctors are baffled because they have checked my heart, my kydneys, and continious blood work. My blood pressure on a calm day is 150/95 they keep doubling my medicine, but i do not lose any points what could possibly be the secondary cause, and if it is hereditary why can the levels not go down. My second problem is I am suspected to have internal bleeding. Once a week I get these crippling feelings in my lower abdomin. I have to go to the bathroom immediately and the stool is almost pure liquid filled with dark red blood. After I go to the bathroom my pain is gone.

I am Hypertension patient for the last 15 year On medication ATEN 25 mg (Atenolol 25) for 15 years Last month I had master checkup and after review of ECG my other doctor prescribed me Met XL 25(Metoprolol Succinate extended release) Please tell me difference between these two drugs.

I was given a prescription for Benicar but the information sheet said not to take if you are diabetic and have kidney problems. I do not have high blood pressure and am afraid to take this medicine. was told this would protect my liver. what should I do?

Hi, My Name is Ravi Ku Sharma, I am 56 year old, In the age of 42 i had of attack of hypertension (220/120) bp cause bleeding from nose whole night.I started taking BP pills, after some hour my whole body get itching.Today my all joints having skin problem..What should i do..Please suggest. Thanks & Best Regards, Ravi Kumar Sharma

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...