Do I need medicine for 140/90 BP ?

Do i need medicine for 140/90 blood pressure?? 31 year old
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
It is normal or potential hypertensive, you can reverse to normal by changing life style, exercise, diet etc.

My BP is 140/90. I have been prescribed nebicard SM in the morning and eritel 40 in the evening. My calcium level in blood is 8 and vitamin D level is 5.56ng/ml. Is it safe for me to have these medicines? I am taking calciferol sachet on every Saturday.

I am 19 years old married women. My BP was 140/100 mm of Hg always. Now it s 160/110 mm of Hg. Should I use medicine or not? Should I use medicine for whole life once I have taken? Can I stop medicine,if my BP is controlled? I am totally confused whether I should use medicine or not and I am confuse that I have hypertension or this is my normal BP? Please solve my problem.

Sir , I am 41 years old male and using Tazloc 20 but my BP was 140/ 90 to 140/100 after that my Dr. Advised to add Prolomet xl 25 with tazloc 20 from last 10 days but my BP still 140/100 it is not comming down please advise what to do . I had not taken salt in my food for full one day but BP Still 140/100 morning and evening .

Recent questions on  Hypertension

In a recent medical exam, my BP was 142/92 and my pulse rate was 63. My SpO2 was measured twice (three minutes apart) and went from 96% to 93%. I had no medical history to report to the doctor. I was basically starting fresh with my healthcare. She said my vitals were normal and stable. She said my BP was likely due to my back pain (that led to the visit in the first place). But if my pressure was high, why was my rate low?? And, what is the significance of the drop in SpO2? Thanks.

I have a rash in my groin and my body is always itchy. For about 2 years I had rashes on both my feet. It seems to have cleared now but I still have to apply dipresone everyday. I take medication for high blood pressure - Micardi Plus, Zanidip and Spiractin. Are any of these causing my rash problems?

My husaband is 65 years old nad he told me that last night he experienced a sudden waive of dizziness, enough that he actually fell down. He has high blood pressure and on meds, but never diagnosed with anything else. He is currently working out of town and lives alone. I am very concerned. What could that be?

I feel kind of silly asking this, but my heart rate (resting) has been elevated all day -- ranging from 107 early am, up and down from 130 - 180 most of the day. I've been having episodes like this for several months, but not this bad or long lasting. I guess I'm just not sure what to do. Bp avgs 120/78 - 130/88.

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...