Do I need medicine for 140/90 BP ?

Do i need medicine for 140/90 blood pressure?? 31 year old
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
It is normal or potential hypertensive, you can reverse to normal by changing life style, exercise, diet etc.

My BP is 140/90. I have been prescribed nebicard SM in the morning and eritel 40 in the evening. My calcium level in blood is 8 and vitamin D level is 5.56ng/ml. Is it safe for me to have these medicines? I am taking calciferol sachet on every Saturday.

I am 19 years old married women. My BP was 140/100 mm of Hg always. Now it s 160/110 mm of Hg. Should I use medicine or not? Should I use medicine for whole life once I have taken? Can I stop medicine,if my BP is controlled? I am totally confused whether I should use medicine or not and I am confuse that I have hypertension or this is my normal BP? Please solve my problem.

Sir , I am 41 years old male and using Tazloc 20 but my BP was 140/ 90 to 140/100 after that my Dr. Advised to add Prolomet xl 25 with tazloc 20 from last 10 days but my BP still 140/100 it is not comming down please advise what to do . I had not taken salt in my food for full one day but BP Still 140/100 morning and evening .

Recent questions on  Hypertension

i am a 250lb, 6'8", 37yr old male with high blood pressure who just had intense sex with my 23yr old girlfriend of 2 years, and after sex i had a little blood coming out the head of my penis. I used the bathroom to "clean the system" and there was blood. Not to mention my right side of my stomach down to my scrotum is hurting bad! there is a buldging vein on my scrotum where the pain is... What should i do???

dear doctor,
I am on high bp medicine alprex am one daily and one naxium 40 for haital hernia. apart from this I am taking half tab for bhp. I take 2 pegs of whisky on regular basis to help me forget my past. for the last two years i am troubled with ed and I am very very sad for that. what should I do:

Hello, my name is Dianne. I have suffered from hypertension for over 6 years. Several medications did not work. My right kidney was removed in November of last year. My bp came down. I am now on only 200 mg of labatalol 2 times daily. I has been increasing. About two weeks ago I experienced and was treated for bronchitis with Z-pack then started Cipro three days ago. However, I am extremely out of breathe now and have muscle pain from my upper neck to my lower back. It feels as though I am bruised to the point I cant even wear a bra. I have tightness in my chest just to the left side. I also feel very tired and have been unable to work because of this and have gained 6 pounds in just a weeks time. Could this possibly be from my kidney. The last test showed 74% function of the remaining kidney. That was in January, It took two er visits with the chest pain for them to say it was bronchitis.

i have high blood pressure and i have taken my medicine. i have a bump on the side of my head. it havent got big or anything. and my doctor told me to not bother it if it is not bothering me. well it is starting to bother me a little. and the side of my head by my ear keeps jumping and like numbness go towards my teeth. what that might be

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...