Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Do I need any other tests after PEP to ensure that I am not infected ?

I started taking PEP after a guy with semen on his hands touched my vagina and before I finished my PEP course the same guy s semen I think touched my vagina and so I started taking PEP again.Third time I met this guy the same thing that happened the first time happened,I m not sure but I think he touched my vagina with sperm and I took PEP for the third time.I ve never had sexual contact with this guy and I took the treatment for three months because I m so paranoid.I didn t explain my situation clearly to the docs. who described the treatments for me.I just told him that I ve come in contact with semen.I got tested 6 weeks later after my last exposure and it came out negative.I know that PEP may slow down the formation of antibodies. do I need further tests? please help
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
If HIV is on your Mind, You may want to get your blood screened for it only after 3 months of exposure to Cross the Window Period. As the Antibodies to HIV appear in the Blood after 3 Months. So better get a HIV Antibody Screening ELISA test after consulting your Doctor and giving him a Proper Complete History.
Even if you have not had a Sexual Intercourse, if he is infected and his semen has come in contact with your Vagina, chances of getting Infected will be there.

Good Luck.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor