Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Do I need CT scan of abdominal and pelvic area when I don't have any symptoms but my liver levels are high ?

I was referred to a gastroenterologist by my primary care physician . I have seen him 2 times with bloodwork taken. i have no symptoms, but my bloodwork revealed high liver levels The specialist referred me to a CT scan of the abdominal/ pelvic area. do i really need the CT scan - when i don t have any symptoms. He asked me if anyone in my family has had colon cancer - and no one has. I have recently (within the last year) lost 50 pounds intentionly. I took HCG drops through my chiropractor to get the weight loss started.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
rapid weight loss is one of the indication of hidden cancer ,and having raised liver function test i suggest first to go for Ultrasound examination of abdomen pelvis first rather than CT Scan,. it gives clue of whether this may be because of obstruction in biliary track(malignancy induced?).
Answered: Sun, 8 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor