Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Do I have internal bleeding in my hip or back ?

hi there i have had a motorbikecrash in the last few days and fell onto my hip and then slid along the road scraping my arm and shoulder . they are fine but my hip is still in a lot of pain and has started throbbing, there are also some marks around the big red area that look like stretch marks . i have not vomitted blood but i am worried about internal bleeding . my back has begun to hurt today as well. i am in laos at the moment so the nearest hospital is in thailand,it onlyhappened two days ago and will be there in a week. is it worth going to the hospital to get checked?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  272
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Good Day
The pain, redness and throbbing sensation is due to possible soft tissue injury like the skin, subcutaneous tissue. You need to get an X-ray of the Pelvis to confirm. Are you able to pass urine normally, no blood in urine. If you had internal bleeding you would have gone faint and cold skin. You need to go to the Hospitally as early as you can ideally but for now avoid riding bike. Take help while walking. If you have any tingling and numbness of your feet you must rush to the Hospital. Drink plenty of water. Eat protein rich diet. Take Tablet Acetaminophen/Paracetamol 500mg three times a day over food for pain relief. Get examined by the Doctor as soon as you can.
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor