Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Do I have an ulcer ?

I beleive that I have an ulcer. I looked up the symptoms online and I fit more then a couple of them. I do not have health insurance so I am unable to see a doctor about this issue. I bought Prilosec OTC today but on the warnings it says not to take it if you have experienced blood in your vomit wich I have. I don t know what to do that will cure this problem or prevent it from worsening, can anyone help me?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  567
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.The symptoms of ulcer are heaviness in stomach after food,vomiting at times,poor appetite and blood in vomit or stool.In case of above symptoms medical examination by a doctor is must as it can lead to proper diagnosis.Normally treatment of gastric ulcer lasts upto 6-8 weeks,and without consulting doctor one should not take any medicines.Take good diet,less in oil and spices, avoid stress and do regular exercise.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 1 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response


Atleast you could see a PCP, he will advise better. Try taking TUMS otherwise. Do not leave stomach empty for more than 3 hours, avoid oily or fried foods, and take bland foods. Also avoid citrus fruits, and tea and coffee, they are known to agggravate the condition.

Answered: Sun, 3 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor