Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Do I have Hypertension ?

i was at a pharmacy with my friends we went to buy nail polish and we saw those testers for your blood pressure they got on it and all got below 120 and i got on and it read 129 and then my friend said that you can really see the veins on my forearm . ive tried those testers before and it was always normal. my mom says i shouldnt worry that those things dont really work but thats not the first time it said i had over 120. i am only 17 and im not overweight i dont drink soda or alcohol or any type of drugs so i dont know whats going on? should i go to the docto?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response
FOR AN AVERAGE BUILT PERSON NORMAL BP is 120/80 mmHg but its is notlike that if you are having onetime reading that also with testers of 126 it is hypertensive and actually its lower one which detemines bp.
so need not to worry.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi.thanks for query.Please do not worry,single isolated reading to this extent does not warrant any panic reaction.Please do not worry,as anxiety can further lead to rise in blood pressure.Just keeping it checked on occasions and keep a record.In case more then 3 readings come above normal then please see your primary care physician.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor