Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Do I have HIV ?

Hi, someone gave me oral sex one time in 2008, now Im scared I might have HIV. Im itching down there, my throat hurts, and im couching a lot and that hurts, and today I threw up. Is that HIV?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  567
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response


The symptoms you are experiencing is not specific to HIV but could be due to any infection or reaction. Also confirmation of HIV can be done only with a proven blood test strategy rather than a history or clinical examination. So it is better to get tested as early as possible. Oral sex is not risk free but the chances of transmission is very less as compared to penetrative sex. Hence that does favor you and no need to have much apprehensions about it.

Answered: Mon, 19 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor