Do GPs Lie and Why ?

If GPs cannot tell the difference between a lesion from between 10-50% how can they save lives and doesn`t alot depend upon the discretion of the physician ? Bill Clinton was given a bypass having barely had any symptoms. Thus I would expect he had a lesion of 10%, maybe less. And yet there are people with lesions estimated at 30% who might have major arterial blockages of above 50% who are fobbed off. Right or wrong ?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Right. Did you know that doctors get their information about the drugs they use from pharmaceutical sales reps? Visit www.doctoraredangerous.com For years, these Scientific Terrorists have been telling you: •To take drugs when they are either unnecessary or contraindicated; •To undergo surgery when either unnecessary or contraindicated; •To undergo radiation treatment when either unnecessary or contraindicated; •To undergo hospitalization when either unnecessary or contraindicated; •That pesticide and herbicide residues in your foods will not hurt you or your children; •That vitamin-and-mineral supplements are a waste of money and result in nothing more than expensive urine; •That organic and whole foods are unnecessary and a waste of money; •That expensive and costly regulations are necessary to protect your health; and •That you are incapable of making “complicated” health and safety decisions affecting you and your family’s health, which decisions are better left in the hands of the educated elite. The Butcher’s Bill But, as we know, these experts – who are supposedly so smart and capable – almost always get “it” wrong. And, worse, when they get it wrong, they do a spectacular job of it too. Although the data varies depending upon the source, just look at what the butcher’s bill comes to: •106,000 deaths annually, at a cost of $12 billion, from adverse drug reactions; •98,000 deaths annually, at a cost of $2 billion, from medical errors; •115,000 deaths annually, at a cost of $55 billion, from bedsores; •88,000 deaths annually from infections, at a cost of $5 billion, caused by medical intervention; •37,000 deaths annually, at a cost of $122 billion, from unnecessary medical procedures; •32,000 deaths annually, at a cost of $9 billion, from surgery-related medical intervention The above figures do not include those outpatient deaths from medical intervention (some 199,000 annually at a cost of $77 billion), or the astounding figures from Dr. Lucien Leape’s 1997 study of medical and drug-error rates (3 million deaths annually, he reports!) (Leape LL, “Error in Medicine,” JAMA, 1994 Dec 21;272(23):1851-7). On the more conservative end of the spectrum, even an expert panel from the Institute of Medicine (of the National Academy of Sciences) found that medical errors kill from 44,000 to 98,000 Americans each year. (British Medical Journal, 1999 December 11; 319(7224): 1519. Medical errors in the United States alone cause more deaths annually than car crashes, AIDS, or breast and prostate cancer. This is equal to a 300-person jumbo jet crashing every single day of the year, day after day after day.