Do Althea pills cause delayed periods?

hi good day this is the first time ive taken althea pills. the last day of my mensturation was august 4 andl my husband and i have contact on the 8th of august but i took the pills on the 11th of august.i am a week and a half delayed im just wondering if i am pregnant while taking the pill thank you
Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Though you have started the pills late, and there is a chance to have pregnancy, though the chance is little but still if you are late, I would advise to get a pregnancy test done. Generally the pills needs to be started on the second day of periods to be effective.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman