Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Dizzy, sore throat, severe hot flashes, stomach and legs pain, whole body ache, pain in testicles. Any ideas ?

My son is 11 yrs old..he was sick yesterday, very dizzy, sore throat , severe hot flashes and stomach hurt along with his legs and whole body aches. Today he was doing better except still nauseous a little and very hot, until about an hour ago, now he is in severe pain in the testicles. He says it feels like someone is squeezing them and he can t even put his legs together. Any ideas??
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello kskling4,

Welcome to the forum. It is time for you to get your son in an emergency room. Consult a doctor an d let your son get clinically assessed. He needs to be physically examined, especially his abdomen and genital area ( scrotal sac, testicles, penis ). Since he is 11 years of age, the most common suspect will be Orchitis or epididimo-orchitis. Orchitis is a condition when the testicles get inflamed with or without the inflammation of the epididymitis. It causes pain, fever, patient gets nauseous or dizzy. ( it is often due to viral mumps infection). Your son needs medications and anti-inflammatory drugs to help him with the symptoms.

Though you have not mentioned, if the symptoms are after a blow or injury to the scrotal sac, it can be due to testicular tortion ( a medical emergency). The other differential diagnosis can be inguinal hernia due to weakness of the muscle ( medical emergency ) or tortion of the testicular appendage ( common in children) or kidney stone ( rare chance in this case). You need to get investigations ( blood tests, analysis of urine ( routine/ culture sensitivity) to rule out infections.

Your son will get fine but may need antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, scrotal support, icepacks, etc depending on the severity of the symptoms and diagnosis. Get him checked up. Have a good day, take care.

Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor