Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Dizziness when turned head to extreme right. Noise in ears, nausea. Scan shows nothing abnormal. Inner ear related?

Hi, My symptoms are, When I turn my head to the extreme right I feel dizzy, unbalanced, cannot see, and there is a noise in my ears. It feels like I will faint, when I bring my head back in line, I feel nautious but the other symptoms fade quickkly. Ct scan and Angiographic ct scan show nothing that would cause these symptoms - Could it b inner ear related? email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Yes this could be inner ear disease.
as you said you get dizzy on turning head there are high chances of inner ear disease.
You must go to an ENT specialist and
1. get your ears checked as they might be caring some infection you are unaware of.
2.get checked for nystagmus, get done balance tests like standing .stepping ,writing ,rhombergs etc there are many clinical tests then you can get done some other tests like rotational chair tests , VNG ENG whichever you doctor decides.
get done Pure tone audiometry(hearing tests),SISI etc and MRI Brain with contrast with special emphasis on posterior cranial fossa.
This can tell you if the inner ear is diseased or not.
Dont get afraid of so many tests as the tests are done in a step wise manner and every test is not meant for everyone.

Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor