Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Dizziness, weakness, exhaustion. Have ulcerative colitis. Normal blood work. History of pancreatitis

Ever sense tuesday i have been extremly dizzy/weak and exhausted. I have ulcerative colitis and i had blood work done to see about anemia which came back normal. I had pancreatitis back in june 2012 from a gall stone passing and i never had my gall bladder removed and today i started experiencing pain in my left side under my rib cage. in your opinion could this have anything to do with my gall bladder or any ideas as to what is happening with me?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, Marybeth6207,
I am glad that you had your blood count checked to see if you were
anemic. You state that you have been diagnosed with ulcerative
colitis and you should be on some medication to main tain remission.
I hope that you are not on cortisone . It should be some other drugs
like Mesalamine or 6-MP (Azathiprine) etc. The reason I mention the
cortisone is , it can have lot of side effects including elevating your
blood sugar, making your bone brittle causing fractures, cause cataract
and kidney problems. Can also cause muscle weakness from loss of
potassium. I want you to get a blood test , a complete metabolic panel
of tests that include electrolytes, kidney tests and liver tests.
You mention that you had gallstone pancreatitis. After the pancreas
inflammation subsides, you should have your gallbladder removed.
This can now be done safely through laparoscope and recovery is fast
and usually, same day surgery and home.
I wish you well.
Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello mary, this is may be because of your gall bladder. i think you should go for ultrasound for confirmation and if you find inflammtion in gall bladder then go for antibiotics for pain and swelling ,consult with surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor