Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Dizziness on standing, weird feeling in the head on yawning. Treatment required?

Im 13 years old and when I get up from sitting down for a while i get realy dizzey or when i get up from bed i am dizzey it last for aout 20 seconds and this funny feeling goes through my head like when you yawn that feeling that goes through your head do you know what is wrong with me and should i see my famliy doctor
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

By the history you have given, you seem to have a condition called orthostatic or postural hypotension. When a person gets up, due to the force of gravity, the blood rushes to the lower parts of the body, decreasing blood supply to the brain. In normal persons, intrinsic reflex mechanisms of the body prevent this from happening. However, in orthostatic hypotension, there is some amount of insufficiency in these reflex mechanisms and hence a person gets dizzy when they get up. I suggest that you immediately consult a cardiologist.

Hope you recover soon

Answered: Wed, 25 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor