Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Dizziness, lower back pain, stomach pain, nausea. Should I go to the doctor?

A few days ago I showed symptoms of a uti. I had one before so I know what they feel like. So for the 1st few days I was drinking water and a lot of tea and it started going away, I asked my dads gf because she is a nurse and she told me that it didn't sound like I had a uti, but it felt like it. It didn't hurt as bad as it did when I first had one though. It didn't burn I just had to go often, it didn't smell. When I was peeing it didn't feel like I had a uti until I was almost done using the bathroom then it felt like I had to go but it wouldn't come out. And sometimes I wouldn't go much at all. But now I'm worried that I actually did have a uti and now it might have spread. I don't know if this is coquincedence but me and my brother started getting sick around the same time showing flu like symtoms. Yesterday I felt dizzy when I stood up and I was noticing lower back pains, and my stomach hurt and it felt like I was going to throw up. I feel better now but the back pains are still there. They're dull but noticable. Should I goto the doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, your symptoms typically suggests me of UTI and the back pain might be due to irritation in bladder. I advise you to go through routine and microscopic urine examination along with culture and sensitivity before starting any antibiotic. Go for CBC also and consult a doctor. Feel free to contact me at
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms that you have mentioned are the generalized symptoms associated with UTI. The antibiotics are the only treatment to take care of the infection. You need to consult a physician for proper prescriptions.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor