Dizziness, feeling of passing out with weak legs. History of neck pain while root canal being done due to degenerative spine disease. Suggested cervical vertigo. Explain

I had a root canal done and in the midts of it I experienced neck pain due to the fact that I have what is called degenerative spine disease, C-5,6.7; a bulgin disk and pinched nerve. I went to ER because I became dizzy and walking as if I was drunk and feelings of passing out with weakness in legs. Doc said it may have been caused by root canal or you may have what is known as "Cervical Vertigo" due to your neck condition. Can anyone explain?
Wed, 7 Aug 2013