Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Dizziness confusion, large pupils, weakness, headache. What should i do?

Have been in hospital with dizziness confusion, large pupils, unable to get words out, slight weakness on the left side of the body. Very intense headache. Had MRI scan which came back clear although shows an abnormal thickening of one side of the face. Was sent home from hospital without any solution. Still suffering with symptoms. What should I do ?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Based on your symptoms of dizziness, confusion, large pupils, unable to get words out,(dysathria), slight weakness on the left side of the body with intense headache
One need to consider two conditions, either a structural lesion in brain (stroke, tumor), or other possibility is meningitis (inflammation of brain covering) which can also produce same symptoms.

Since MRI brain does not show lesion, You require lumbar puncture and CSF study to arrive at a diagnosis (to rule out chronic meningitis)

Meantime you need to have antiplatelets also (as 30% cases MRI can be normal)

It might be worthwhile to consult neurologist and plan the aforementioned tests.


Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hyderabad , India

Discuss with N
Answered: Sun, 30 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor