Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Disturbed sleep, pain in shoulder,chest and elbow. Is this a serious problem?

have been having a hard time sleeping for the past few weeks and when I wake up I kind of jerk up and slam my body back down on both my left and right arms. Both of my arms have been having really sharp pains going from my shoulder down to my elbow and sometimes my chest hurts on my right side. Do you think this could be something serious or just a result of bad sleep?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It needs a good history and understand whether it is just bad sleep or serious thing. It is also important to know if ther eis previous episodes like these. What is your age, and any health problems?
Do you snore? Do you wake up fresh each day? Do you consume any medicine for any other problem?

So it is better to get evaluation from the doctor.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor