Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Dislocation of the patella, what I have to do now ?

I have done a surgery on my both knees recently. i am 22 years old , and i had X-legs, and problems with dislocation of the patella. The surgery that i did consisted in patella fixing, and to make the ligaments longer *(i was told to have short ligaments). What i have to do now , after 3 months after the surgery for a adequated rehabilitation ?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi...., Since the surgery for the dislocation of the patella is done, you will not get recurrent dislocation any more.., but you need to be careful.., do not exert much, use knee cap for few weeks until the wound is healed and the ligaments gets strengthened .., around 6 months afterwards you will have good health..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor