Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Dislocation of knee, throbbing pain, injury due to dancing, fall. Ligament tear?

not sure what i did. But when im walking along the driveway it feels like my knee is disconnecting from my lower leg. It has been hurting today, throbbing pain. I did do some dancing about a month ago, and it hurt after that. Also I did fall in my driveway when walking a couple weeks ago. But did not hear any popping noise when I fell. Do you think I tore any ligaments?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM,
There are multiple ligaments and menisci in knee joint. Damage to these structures are based on multiple factors like direction of movement, force, rotation etc.
Is diifficult to say which one is damaged as we need detailed histiry and physical examination , but it is sure that something is torn.
Go for MRI as it is best, definative and final investigation for any knee pathology.
Thanking you.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor