Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Dislocated finger, torn tendon. Put in a splint, swelling, difficulty bending. Cure?

Hello My Name Is XXXXXX , I Am 15 And I Dislocated My Finger , The Ortho I Saw Said That A Tendon In My Finger Was Tore But I Had A Splint On It For A Week Then The Ortho Said To Buddy Tape It And Still Swollen And I Can t Make A Full Fist. Will You Plaese Help Me Im Worried It Will Never Heel/ Go Back To The Way It Used To Be.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, the treatment for tendon repair of the fine generally depends on the number of tendons damaged and the finger the tendon is present. But generally the most conservative method of management is to reduce its movement by tying it up with the adjusant finger. Generally non surgical management will take around 2-3 months four you to fully gain the mobility of the finger. But if you are still concerned, we advice you to take an MRI and get another opinion. That might assist in coming to a conclusion better. Thanking you, have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 1 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor