Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Dislocated finger, swollen, tender to touch. What can be done?

I dislocated my right pinky finger 4 1/2 weeks ago jumping a horse. A friend of mine pulled it into place but it kept dislocating every time I would accidentally bent the finger for about the first 2 hours after the injury. It dislocated a total of 5 times. I thought after all this time it would have healed but it is still very bruised and the middle knuckle is still fairly swollen and enlarged. It s very tender to being bumped. Every once in a while it will crunch . If I push down in the top of the finger it is very painful. When it gets bumped the pain feels like a burning sensation. I can bend it so it will touch my palm of my hand but it is painful and I can not completely straighten it. I didn t go to see a dr for this injury mostly because I do not have health insurance but since it hasn t healed yet is it too late to have it seen and what can be done for it?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello Calleana,

Thanks for posting your query

You dislocated your right finger 4 1/2 weeks . If after reduction of dislocation proper immobilization is not given to heal the ligaments around it, then this might be the cause of your recurrent dislocation of finger.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam. & treatment plan acc. to that.

Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor