Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Dislocated ankle, having swelling, numbness. See a doctor?

Hi Dr.Grief, I am pretty sure I dislocated my ankle on Tuesday night as I literally popped it back into place. It is not deformed anymore, but I certainly have quite a bit of swelling and it only allows for a bit of weight bearing. Do I need to see someone, or can I just stick with R.I.C.E? The only thing that s really concerning me at the moment is the numbness I m feeling on the outside of my ankle. Thanks so much, Jenna
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
After the dislocation of the ankle joint, mild amount of soft tissue injury is there which is responsible for the pain and swelling. You can continue with RICE and go for an X-ray in case the pain is severe to rule out any bone injury.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor