Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Disfiguring keloid scars on face, arms, feet. What is the recommended treatment?

my 9 year old grandson got burnt by a foam mattress he was playing with on 1st January this year. he was admitted to the 37 military hospital in accra for 24 days. The wounds are now healed but he is left with some disfguring keloid scars on the face, arms and feet. Where can i get these removed in Ghana, preferably by laser treatment. I am completely traumatised by the situation. Please help. Chris Atitsogbui
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The keloid scars can be corrected cosmetically to some extent by plastic surgery.
The scar tissue is excised and the healthy skin is sutured with fine sutures.
Consult the plastic surgeon for the examination of the child and for further advice on the procedure.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor