Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in the scrotum. Itching with burning sensation. Rashes on the penis. Cure?

I have discomfort in my scrotum area, mostly to the left. Itches and some burning sensation. Two years in a row, I got some rashes over the left side of the penis. First time I scratched it and it became a sore. The second time I tried living it alone, but with difficulty. When I lie in bed, the pain appears to radiate all over my hips. Does not seem to affect my sex life.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  785
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting your query,

Itchy/sore rashes on the scrotal area could be as a result of folliculitis (infection of the hair shaft) due to bacteria most likely staph, strep or others. Other causes such as fungi could also be responsible. Reason why you will need to consult with a doctor who can examine you and determine the specific cause so that appropriate treatment can be provided.
Given the longevity of the affection, we could be considering the fact that you maybe having recurrent folliculitis or fungi infection (dermatophytes) of the pubic area. Topical antibiotics cream or antifungal cream might help treat/cure the affection. Associating antihistaminic/steroid medication may also help with the situation.
You will also have to keep good underwear hygiene to prevent future reinfection. Shaving your genital areas, maybe one of the greatest causes of your affection.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query.
Side doesn't matter it is the simple allergy ( itching over scrotum and penile area ).
Itching usually occurs at night time when concentration of one is towards it.
Please clean the effected area with a savlon soap in the morning and evening.
After cleaning soak it with dried towel gently, after this use a medicated ointment after the advice of some doctor.
Anti-histamine drugs are also useful in this condition.
Have a full course of albendazoel + ivermectin with the advice of doctor and you will be alright.
This type of itch is normal and haven't any effect on sex life.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor