Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

151 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Discomfort in my left Molar teeth, what should I do ?

I am having a mild discomfort in my left Molar teeth(Third one from the last teeth)I had cavity in it and got it filled 2 years back. Now I am having pain in the teeth whenever I chew the food in the left side. If I touch my Jaws from the outside, I can feel the pain. Whenever I dring water and it touched that teeth I will have more pain. Because of this I have a slight headache on my left side and sometimes my eyes are burning. Please suggest what is wrong with me and what should I do.
Sat, 3 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical symptoms i suspect that you have developed secondary infection in your filled tooth, which has spread to the periapical tissues leading to formation of abscess.
I would suggest you to visit to the Dentist and get the checkup done, take an x-ray of the tooth, RCT has to be performed.
Take a course of antibiotics and analgesics under the prescription of your Dentist.

Hope this helps out,

I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
the pain and discomfort is probably due to exposure of pulp of your tooth or it may be near to exposure
what i would suggest is that you pay a visit to your dentist and get a radiograph done and if the tooth structure is not much damaged then get the root canal treatment and capping done
in the mean time you can take following
1.levofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for 5 days
2.any painkiller twice daily
hope that helps
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Your filled molar tooth has re-infected.

The pain is associated with infected pulp as well as periapical region.

Please do visit a dentist and get the entire infected pulp removed.

Take antibitotics along with analgesics.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Shefali Gupta's  Response
Thanks for asking query,
According to your explanations it seems that your having deep caries involving the pulp and it might be associated with abscess.
I suggest you to visit your dentist and get the radio graph done to know the exact condition of it.
Gargle with warm saline water 3 to 4 times a day , take tab amoxclav 625 mg twice, tab ebility thrice,use antiseptic mouthwash. This tooth need rct.
hope this will help you.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, If the caries had been deep or the some soft caries still present during filling, it leads to progression of caries beyond the filling. Please take a dental OPG to see whether the caries progressed underneath the filling or there is another offending tooth. You may need an RCT with the tooth in context.Please consult a dental surgeon to do the needful.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Your symptoms suggests an infection that has spread deeper into the filled tooth or a fresh decay in the neighboring tooth. if so you will need a root canal treatment to relieve the pain and get your tooth functional again. in the mean time a course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs will tide over the pain for the time being
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....