Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in abdomen, feels like bruise. Taking omeprazole. Suggestions?

Hi I am 28, 5"10 and around 170lbs. I am taking a second course of omeprazole. i have been tested for H. Plori and this is negative. For a week or so (before second course of drugs) i have noticed some discomfort in my abdomen, near the centre but slightly on the right, between my belly button and bottom of the rib cage. It is mild discomfort mainly but feels almost like a bruise or ingrown hair feeling. and can be itchy
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It is hard to evaluate is this abdominal wall lesion or it is caused by stomach issue. Gastritis can cause such sensation and you should treat it and see will it improve. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite. Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! The symptoms you have described points to liver and biliary system problem. You should go for routine blood tests like CBC, LFT, S Amylase, S Lipase on consultation with your family physician and also for an ultrasound abdomen to know the staus of your gall bladder, common bile duct and pancreas. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for choosing H.C.M.Forum.
You are 28, 170 lb you have discomfort in the center but slightly to the right of belly button. The pain is like bruise, or ingrown hair feeling and can be itchy.No H.pylori detected.
The site of the pain suggests could be gastric irritation, gall bladder pain, infection or stones in the urinary tract.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may have to get the gastroscopy, and M.R.I. besides other routine tests for confirmation.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor