Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Discolored wisdom tooth, inflamed gum. Cure?

Hi I have a wisdom tooth that has a grayish color to it, I also see some cracks as well. On the outer gum line it was extremely inflamed and it was sore. But after a few days the pain went away and I noticed some white fluid coming out of the swollen gum area. I tried to gargle salt water, and also 50/50 peroxide and water. Today I looked again and I saw a black hole with a white lining on top of the gums where it was really swollen. Then this afternoon I looked again and the black hole came out! It looked like a small seed. Well all I have now is this hole in my gums and the redness is still present. What could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  7 Views:  638
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
its a clear case of decayed wisdom tooth ..gray color indiacted the tooth is dead and whitish fluid thing can be pus.. get urself n appointment with dentist n get that tooth extracted asap..
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Indu Thakur's  Response
hi, thnx for your query, your problem is called PERICORONAL ABSCESS.the treatment is extraction of that tooth. visit your dentist he will advice you a x-ray to see the alignment of the tooth, later prophylactic antibiotic therapy and extraction. do not delay and consult oral surgeon for this. hope this helps out.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

As described by you , your wisdom tooth had become badly carious .
This area is very difficult to clean so it often invites bacterial infection leading to redness , inflammation and swelling of the surrounding gingiva .
The tooth had become carious there is infection of the surrounding tissues and abscess formation .

You need to visit Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and get checkup done .
Take an x-ray of the tooth, most probably the treatment would be extraction of the tooth .

Take complete course of antibiotic and analgesic .
Use saline water gargles 3-4 times daily.
Use 0.2% of chlorhexidine mouthwash gargles twice daily .

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

your symptoms presents that you have developed an abscess in these region of third molar.

This requires immediate attention,probably incision and drainage of pus.This is usually done by extracting third molar surgically.

It is better to get it extracted to prevent further and recurrent infections.

Hope it helps.


Take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello and welcome,

Have you got your wisdom teeth erupted or is it still impacted?

The fluid discharge is due to the formation of periapical abscess at the affected site.
If teeth is impacted,it has to be extracted.
If the teeth has erupted ,there may be periapical infection developed.
In such cases,emergency access opening along with drainage and curettage has to be done.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCm,
From your history it suggest that you have got decayed wisdom tooth resulting root abscess.
Consult dentist and under antibiotic cover go for extraction of wisdom tooth.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query,
you might have got some abscess
maintain good oral hygiene.
brush your teeth twice daily using toothbrush.
rinse your mouth after every meals.
chlorhexidine mouthrinses can prevent plaque accumulation
visit the dentist and get an IOPA done and plan yout treatment accordind to that
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor