Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Discolored, blotchy, and scaly skin. How I can get rid of it?

On my upper body, blotches of discolored skin has formed in patches that slowly begin to spread throughout my back and stomach. I ve had it for a couple years and since then it has been getting worse. The patches of discolored skin is slightly darker and it peels a lot like I m scaling. It doesn t irritate me, but it has been spreading. I have seen a dermatologist , but the ointment given seems to be making it worse. I want to know what it is and how I can get rid of it?
Asked On : Fri, 27 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
u may have psoriasis or xeroderma
u need to apply good moisturizer cream three times a day
drink more water
avoid soap and other cosmetic application over skin
eat healthy diet
avoid sun exposure
wear cotton and loose cloths
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor