Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Discolored band below head of penis. Normal?

My partner has a red about 1 inch thick discolored band right below the head of his penis and onto the shaft. It is all the way around. I know that the genitals have discoloration, especially where a circumcision was performed, but have not seen it that red on a white male(usually brownish). Curious on if it is normal before we are intimate?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

The red band below the head of the penis could very commonly be normal.
If there is no associated symptom and any feature of inflammation, it is unlikely that diease is present.

If you are very worried, please request your partner to see a doctor. If that takes time, you could go ahead getting intimate with your partner wearing a condom till then.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor