Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Discharge, pus, blood from left ear. Surgery for adenoids, septum tubes done. Allergy test negative. Treatment?

I have had nose, ear & throat issues since I was a child. I ve had surgery on my adenoids twice, my septum , tubes in my ears back in Sept. of 2008 at the age of 33yrs, and I also had some tissue which I can t remember what it was called drained. I was tested for allergies and tested negative even though it was clear to my ENT that I was obviously allergic to something. I use to see the ENT regularly however in the last 2 yrs we have been w/o ins. Starting in March of last year up until now I have been having discharge coming out of my left eat. Ranging from clear, yellow, green and blood. I know my tube already fell out of my right ear but I never did see the left one fall out. So I m wondering if it could be because of the tube or maybe get an idea of other possibilities.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I read your query for ear infection eading to ear discharge, though you had already been operated for adenoides in your early childhood. Later you were put tubes in ear drum of both sides.

As you are having tubes in your both ears therefore chances of infection to middle ear are quite high. At present you are having infection in ear and for it's management you have to do these investigations-

1- C.T. scan ear.

2- Culture and sensitivity of ear pus.

3- Gram's staining of ear pus.

4- Blood - CBC, ESR, blood sugar (Fasting and post parendial).

By the inferences of all above investigations and their co-relation with clinical findings one may plan for you treatment.

Answered: Sun, 13 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor