Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Discharge after getting the ear pierced. Bump behind the ear. Should I let the hole close?

Hi, i recently got my second piercing like a couple months ago . my right ear got infected , i felt a big bump on the back of my right ear so i took the earing out . liquidy stuff cane out as well as a little bit of blood , so i took the earing out and it kinda went away but i have a little bump on the back of my piercing hole . how do i get ride of it? and should i let the hole close ? please help
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM. Your ear is infected due to sensitivity to metals. Let the ear heal first, the liquid stuff that you have mentioned is "pus" draining out due to infection. You should wipe out the blood and pus with a clean cotton and apply mild ointment like Neosporin locally. The ears should get better, if you have problem still, you can get your ears clinically examined you may need some oral antibiotics.

Do not neglect as untreated pierced ears may later present with scars, keloids, blood borne diseases or tetanus. While getting piercings done you should confirm that the metal ( hypoallergenic metal should be used ) being used is suitable for your ears. It should be properly sterilized.

Take vitamin C and multivitamins for faster healing. Avoid taking showers, take bath if you have sensitive skin. Do not fiddle with your ears. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor