Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Disc extrusion from l5s1 level.Dr advises operation. Can a doctor help with a conservative treatment ?

helo iam 28 years old also doctor from iraq now i have a disc extrusion from l5s1 level many surgeon here said to me for opperation no chance from conservateve treatment can nu help me in treatment i have these symptom ; sever leg pain 4 wk ago now iam on conservateve treatment pine regresseve slowly numnbess parasethsea on my lt leg. if i wallk for distance i have severe pain so this called failed conservateve treatment? can u help me iam very conffuse.thanx
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Conservative therapy in disc extrusion comprises of steroids, physiotherapy, bed rest, analgesics and muscle relaxants. If all these have been tried for you and the symptoms still continue, then surgical treatment remains the only option. This is the situation where we say that conventional treatment has failed.
The surgery comprises of removing a small part of your disc which is compressing your nerve fibers.
Please discuss this with your treating physician.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor