Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Disc degenerate disease, spinal fusion, T2, T12 removed and replaced, lower back pain. What s the possible treatment?

I have been diagnosed with disc degenerate desease, kyphosis lordosis. 5 years ago I had a spinal fusion with 2 Herrington rods put in. T2 - T12 were removed & replaced with my rib as well as a donor bone. My lordosis has gotten worse to the point that my lower back has so much discomfort that I don't sleep well at night. Also my stomach protrudes so much that my stomach is even very uncomfortable 24/7. People even ask me if I'm pregnant! I have been through well over 8 years of PT & it has done nothing to improve my stomach pain, lower back pain or the severe stomach bulge. The doctors say there is nothing more they can do for me. Can a tummy tuck help the lordosis or stomach in any way & if so how? Thanks, NY
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The fusion surgery that you had was five years ago. The back pain that you are having now could be a muscular back pan or due to further degeneration of the spine. A CT scan will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor