Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Disc bulging of bone in L4 and L5 section. Taking medication for it, pain resumes on stopping. MRI done. Treatment?

Sir, I m 22 years old...have done my MRI ...results shown that...there is a bulging of bone in L4 and L5 section of spine..i have taken tablets by the doctors advice as soon as i stopped these tablets..again pain has been more...right now..I m on bed rest and doing my psychotherapy at home..I didn t get any relief as if now...I m suffering from this problem for nearly 3 months! Can u give nay suggestion so i can get relieved from this problem.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Disc bulging indicates disc prolapse. That is also the reason you are suffering from pain.
Your doctor will advise analgesic which can be Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, Non opioid analgesics or opioid analgesics depending on the intensity of pain.

Other available options are
1. Physiotherapy and exercises. Physiotherapy procedures like TENS, Ultrasound therapy, Muscle stimulation will provide pain relief
2. Lumbar traction, lumbar support also help relive pain
3. Surgical intervention may be necessary if pain does not subside with above mentioned methods. You may need to undergo discectomy which will relieve you of pain

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Thank you,
Dr. Narasimha G L
Answered: Wed, 21 May 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor