Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Difficulty speaking, feeling of mucus in middle ear, blocked eustachian tube. What tests to be done?

hi,i am kulbir from india.i have bilateral maxilary polyps in sinuses in 2009 and had one fees surgery in jan2012 and bilateral middle turbinate surgery in nov2012,but my main problem is that i can not speak very well.This is a very serious problem for me and now i feels that large mucus is trapped in my middle ear and my eustachian tube is surely blocked due to thick i wanna ask what are the tests for checking thick mucus in middle ear and blocked eustachian tube.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello Kulbir and welcome to HCM,

Since you have asked a very specific question, i shall get straight away to that. You have the following tests for checking if your ear or the eustachian tube is blocked or not:
1. Audiometric analysis with special emphasis to impedance
2. HRCT or high resolution CT of the temporal bone
3. Tubal endoscopy
4. Chromendoscopy
5. General examination of the drum during siegelisation

these are some of the common tests done.

You may consult your ENT surgeon to undergo these test to arrive at a final diagnosis and get treated accordingly..

take care

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor