Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Difficulty sleeping at night, good sleep during day, moody, unhappy, get angry at people, negative emotions, like to be alone. Cause?

I have a weird sleeping pattern. At night, when I try to sleep, I can t. And sometimes, I just sleep all day. Also, I ve been kinda withdrawn to the world. I think no one can understand me. I get angry at people. I don t listen to what people says. I get really upset and cry. And the major thing is, I don t feel happy at all. At times that I should be happy, I find myself feeling nothing at all. It s like all I feel is negative emotions . I hate explaining things to people. I prefer to be alone. Is this some kind of mental problem?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

The symptoms which you have described, i.e. feeling low, inability to experience pleasure, negative thoughts, social withdrawal, irritability, crying spells, poor sleep, etc. are indicative of depression.

You have to clarify how long you have been experiencing these symptoms and whether you are going through any major stress. Whatever may be the cause, it is important that you get help because you seem to be going through significant distress and suffering. But often, when we feel so low and disinterested, we don't feel like seeking help and everything simply seems pointless. So, it is important be cautious of this and not refrain from getting help. One good way out is to keep talking and sharing your feelings with someone close, so that they would be able to motivate and guide you when you don't feel the initiative.

Help is available in different ways... Medication, Psychological therapies like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), etc. which can be decided according to your preference and the suitability for your situation. So, please consult a Psychiatrist and don't delay in seeking help.

All the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 9 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rahul Sharma's  Response
u seem to be under a lot of stress and depression...
and please don think that u ve a mental issue its gonna only exagerrate the situation..
my advice is try speaking to a psychological counsellor or a psychiatrist to get to know the reason behind ur problem...whatever the prob is it will definitely have a solution ...try sorting the matter out rather than spoiling ur health which is gonna complicate the matter more...
hope u get well soon
Answered: Sun, 22 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor