Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in walking due to knee miniscus tear. Could you recommend exercises and treatment?

i am feeling the difficulty in walking due to right knee miniscus tear as the doctor has said the probability of that( orthopedics ) what precaution should i take I am lady 40 years old i had been good exerciser and not doing due to overwork not doing anything from last 1 2 years due to busy schedule recommend exercises and other treatment
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The knee meniscus tear is treated conservatively only if the tear is partial. Adequate rest, hot fomentation, knee exercises like quadriceps drill, using a knee brace , etc are recommended till complete recovery is seen. Local steroid injections may help in reducing the inflammation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor