Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in talking due to having geographic tongue. Need a remedy

I have geographic tongue at least two weeks every month and I ve noticed every time it has a negative effect on my speech. It s much more difficult to get proper air flow to pronounce s s and similar sounds. I always look forward to the day it goes away because it is SO much easier to speak. Although the two weeks I have the disorder I m stressed and humiliated because of the effects it causes in my speech.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Please do understand that you are not the only person who has geographic tongue syndrome. When considering the large numbers, you have nothing to worry. Your difficulty is much more simpler than so many people those who are actually troubled.

Therefore, don't worry and don't lose confidence. Even people without body part don't get humiliated. Even though humiliated, they don't care.

Do visit a speech pathologist or psychologist if need be. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor