Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in losing weight, following diet rules strictly. Suggestion?

Hi i m 30 yr weight 65. Mother of 4 yr daughtr. Height 5 4 .my stable weight was 60 but from last six months i m tryng to loose 5 kg. My diet is normal i eat 2 brown bread n tea in the morning 2 roti curd n vegge in lunch nd 1 roti in diner in between i take skimmed milk n fruits n diet namkeen. I go for walk also but nothing is working for me. please hepl.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hello... first of all i suggest you to change your workout regime as sometimes body gets used to the same thing and doesn't show try to do something new like resistance training/ swimming/ squash/ Pilates etc...along with that eat small meals every 2-3 hours.. avoid wheat and milk for sometime and see how ir helps in weight loss.. have oats dosa/ idli/ poha/oats upma etc for breakfast, fruits and nuts for mid meals, salad + 1 jowar roti + veggies+ dal for lunch, sprouts/ egg whites/ chana kurmura as evening snacks, have a light dinner like soups, salads, veggies.. avoid roti/ rice.. drink plenty of water..sleep well..
Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM
To loose weight determination and cooperation of individual and to some extend family is required,
See if you do vigorous exercise and increase calorie expenditure and consume less calories weight loss is possible certainly,a deficit of 7000 cal will cause loss of 1 kg.
Eat protein in breakfast avoid high carbohydrate diet.
Remember get a medical check up you do not have any medical ailment like hypothyroid etc. also look up at genetics that is family history.
Increase metabolism by adding yoga and having sleep for at least 7 hours a day.
Once you are examined and if required some medicines may also possibly help.
Instead of walking add aerobic activity like swimming, cycling, dancing .
You can do it do not give up.
Good Luck to you
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Thanks for approaching.
According to your height ,age,sex you should be around 56-58 kgs.Sometimes when we are on the verge of our ideal weight,it becomes more hard to lose.Either we have to opt for very rigourous workout or have to follow the diet plan which is made particularly considering your routine,lifestyle,eating pattern,bodily needs and stuck weight .There is one more possibility that you may be looking more in inches,becoz of bloating or water retention.So can have some of the herbs like dhaniya decoction,curry leaves which will remove your excess retained water naturally and will move your weight.

Dr. Tanju Khurana
Weight Mangement Consultant
Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, your diet seem to be very balanced and also healthy.Now I suggest that you should take up a different kind of excercise regime besides getting your thyroid hormone levels checked. You should also incorporate some proteins in your diet
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor