Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in extending the arm, large bruise on the front and side of arm spreading to forearm post injury to upper arm. Normal?

I took a bad fall last Sunday night and hurt my upper arm significantly. I am pretty sure it isnt broken. I cant raise my arm to the side very far, but all the other movements are O.K. I have a giant bruise on the front and side of the arm, deep dark purple. I notice today that the bruise is migrating now down my forearm is this normal
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
You have not mentioned your age but if you are above 40 i would suggest you to get x ray of the shoulder as there can be hairline fracture. It can be a rotator cuff injury also as you said that you are unable to lift your shoulder. I would suggest you following.
1.Ice fomentation
2.Brufen tablet for pain relief
3. Diclofenac ointment
Answered: Sat, 3 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor