Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Difficulty breathing, watering eyes, continuous yawning. Which specialist to consult?

hi, i m 28 years old male i seem to have breathing issues from last few years, i get breathing issues suddenly out of blue and the symptoms i get is problem in breathing it seems like i m struggling for oxygen i have to take deep breaths and get whistle sound while breathing following with continuous yawning and watering eyes and seldom cough when take deep breath which lasts for 20 to 25 minutes and its gone again for few days and i use to be asthma patient when i was kid and never used any inhaler and it was gone away with usage of medicine after the age of 12, please suggest which specialist i should consult for this issue, many thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The question seems to be pointing me that its an ASTHMA , as you have a previous history that makes a good sense.

Let me give some information about asthma - Asthma is caused by narrowing of wind pipe which conduct the air to lungs from nose, now narrowing of the wind pipe has various trigger, following are some of them which mostly causes such response.
3) DRY COLD AIR ( winter air which is dry and cold)
4) ALLERGIC REACTION (some thing what you are allergic to can lead to asthma)

Treatment :
1) nasal spray will help most of the patients having attack.
2) tablets to prevent attack.

1) Any M.D. Physician can take care of it.
2) PULMONOLOGIST (specialist ) if want to go to specific expert. ( not necessary but choice factor )
3) Acute severe attack needs immediate hospitalization.

Hope it helps.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor