Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Difficulty breathing at high altitudes, swollen oesophagus. Visit to pulmonologist required?

Dear, I have faced a problem of breathing , specially on height of mountain. I have to take long breathing. I have done some investigation of my lungs, these are ok. So is that the problem of swelling in my oesophagas? If it is so, then what are the precautions and shall I go to the pulmonologist? Kindly advice me regarding the same. Regards
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Breathing difficulty in high altitudes is a normal phenomenon. It is due to low Oxygen pressure.
It has no relation to oesophagus.
How high is it? How fast you go? How long to stay? Is the basic lung function at sea level OK?What was the investigation you did for lungs? Spirometry? Depending on these, there are preventive and treatment techniques. Pulmonologist can assess and assist.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor