Difference between hyper tension and High BP

What is the difference between Hyper tension and High Blood pressure ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
None.

what is the difference between high blood pressure and stress ?

Hi-----I have been suffering from cervical spondylosis since 15 years and also a hypertensive patient since 20 years or so---in winter times my neck region shows some mild tightness and alos my BP goes up in spite of 4 different types of antihypertensive drugs--i am 66 now . I read an article of close link between CS and sympathetic nerve system routed essential hypertension which can be cured by some suregry of the neck c1--c6 kind---and alos can be free from any hypertensive drugs---may be I can do with some exercise as well.Can you pl enlighten me about this topic and the experience of solved cases ???and if so how can go about solving my case.

Doctor, afterstudying about BP, it is a chronic disorder of our blood flow inside our blood vessels, i believe it generally happens due to many of these elelments viz., 1. high mind pressure with internal tension 2. foods with high sodium levels 3. excess BMI with high cholesterol levels. - I am i right or wrong

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi My brother is suffering with high BP 180/110 .He is 32 year old. This is detected on 31 st March. He is taking Telvas 80h. But bp is not coming down. Yesterday it was 170/110. We did all check up. there is some problem with ECG. Lipid profile with blood report. I want to tale appontment . Can anybody plz suggest me, what to do . Thanks in advance

Hello. I am a final year medical student. My mum had her BP taken last week and it was 180/130. She bought a blood pressure monitor yesterday and it has been reading 220/150 relatively consistently since (normal BP readings on rest of family), she has no headache/visual problems. She has rang the doctors-on-call and the nurse told her to wait and see her normal GP in working hours (this means waiting 48 hours). I am worried about malignant hypertension - should I persuade her to go to A&E?

I am a 23 year old man with high blood pressure and a high heart rate. I have for the last two years been suffering from frequent urination and very loose stool. I usually have to go once in 45 mins. I recently have lost the sensation of having to urinate alltogether. It is really scaring me. I have infrequent abdominal pain in front of my left hip and lower back pain too. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 350lbs. I have had my blood tested for diabetes and it came back with great blood sugar. I have also had my prostate looked at and it looks fine. My kidneys were checked and they were fine too. The doctors in a hospital and my personal doctor basically said we don t know whats wrong with you . This is very scary and uncomfortable. I can t work anymore because of this and it s gotten so bad that I can t even leave my own home sometimes because I have to go to the bathroom so much... When I go, it s also a good amount of each, not just a dribble. I don t know what else to do but I really would like some help... I don t know where to turn or what to do anymore.

my mother has bone tb since last ten years and has the treatment from our doctor but not satisfactory,However she has high BP,Thyroid and swelling in her both legs and also has knees problem. Now please suggest what to do? I live in Kanpur city right now and want a best doctor here.

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...