Dieting, dizziness, injury to head. Dizziness continues. Recommendations?

I hit my head 2 weeks ago yesterday. I am still experiencing dizzy spells but only when my head changes directions. Example: If I lie down on the floor to stretch, the room will spin when I first lie down but stops within a few seconds. Same when I get up, or when I first get out of bed in the morning. My equilibrium is out of whack when I first rise. Like the lying down, the dizziness subsides after being upright for a few seconds. This is beginning to concern me. I do not want to see a Dr., only to be told to continue to "take it easy". I am already doing that. The strange thing is, I am a regular runner and have absolutely zero issues with the dizziness while running (I have cut back on running some). It is only, like I said, after my head "changes orientation"...for lack of a better term. About hitting my head: I was at a bar and feel pretty confident I was slipped something because I became very drunk, much more than I should have, given the amount of alcohol I consumed. I was walking in the parking lot and fell headlong to the pavement without bracing from the fall. I hit my head pretty hard but there was no swelling whatsoever. I only suffered soreness to the area that hit (right side of my upper forehead, right about where my hairline begins. I am not sure this dizziness has anything to do with hitting my head. Although, I didn't experience it at all prior to the incident. I should also add that I began a pretty big diet change in March of this year. I am following pretty closely, the diet plan laid out in the book "Eat To Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I don't suspect this has anything to do with my dizziness, even though I have lost 25 pounds since then. I am eating a lot of fruits and veggies but am also eating some meat...no red meat. I know that is a lot of weight to drop in such a short time but prior to hitting my head, I felt no ill effects from the diet (lifestyle change). I am a 50 year old male. Thank you, Todd.
Fri, 31 May 2013