Diet for lower my cholesterol

What kind of food can I eat to lower my cholesterol ?
Fri, 7 Jan 2011
Lab Tests ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

To lower your cholesterol levels in the body you need to have a high fiber diet which actually absorbs the fat and eliminates it and also gives you satiety after taking the food.Include more of vegetables and fruits which either can be taken raw as salads with low fat salad dressings or in a cooked form. Recent studies have shown that taking cinnamon powder-1 tsp along with water before food in empty stomach every day which will help to reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood and also including more of raw garlic in food reduces the cholesterol levels. A low fat low cholesterol diet , preferably avoiding red meats,organ meats, egg yolk, junk foods, oily fried foods, nuts, butter, cheese, mayo sauce, alcohol tends to lower the levels much drastically along with daily physical activity of 30-60 minutes at least five days in a week.Monitor your lipid profile once in three months, if there is no reduction in the levels consult the physician for medications along with diet and exercise.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

there is no food stuff that reduce the already build up cholesterol content in the body. you can stay away from the food stuffs which are cholesterolgenic like meat, egg, animal products like butter, cheese etc. as the body eliminates the cholesterol slowly if you stay away from this stuff for a long period the cholesterol levle also will drop.