Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Diet for Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse

What is the diet that should be taken for treating Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse ?
Wed, 21 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
There is no specific dieat for Mitral valve prolapse. First to reassure you Mitral valve prolapse is not a serious condition and 5-10% people can have it. Some time when it is associated with Leaky Mitral valve then it needs regular follow up and may be treatment.
As far as diet is concerned , people with Mitral valve prolapse tend to have symptoms of palpitation which gets aggravated if you are drinking too much of Tea, Coffee , Alcohal and Coke . So these things should be taken to minimum if some body has got symptoms.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. No additional diet is required specifically for mitral valve prolapse... But in presence of a coexisting medical condition, dietary changes specific to the condition is needed.. In general, a low fat, low calorie diet would be essential...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor