Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Diet, exercise, treatment for a patient diagnosed with fatty liver?

Myself Kuldeep, dear doctor my SGPT: 155 ,I intake alcohol with in a week or 2 week. Last year i did an ultrasound of abdomen which was Fatty Liver of stage 2 and 3. Today i have tested my blood which have SGPT 155. Please tell which type of food should i take to maintain this. Type of exercise? Currently I am taking a homeopathic medicine Heptason for liver problems. Should i continue this or not? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM Thanks for the query.
There is no specific exercise for fatty liver,it shold be aerobic exercises and you need to regulate your body weight by exercise and dietary changes. especially limit sugar and fats intake,alcohol intake. YOu need to eat lot of fruit and vegetables.If there is lipid levels elevation or sugar blood elevation you need to take medicines for it. Also,there are certain medicines for fatty liver but it should be taken only if it cant be regulated by dietary and lifestyle habits
WIsh you good health. Regards
Answered: Wed, 6 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor