Diagnosis of pain in groin to knee and numbness?

I have lower lumbar spinal issues. I have had 3 spinal operations, the last one was a spinal fusion to my L5 S1. Now I'm experiencing a sharp knife like pain when I bend forward or to the side. I also have pain from my groin to my knee on my right leg. The leg feels numb and weak. What do you suggest is my problem.
Sat, 15 Mar 2014
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

All your symptoms are typically suggestive of some form of neurological disturbance in the lumbar spinal nerves.

An MRI scan & Nerve conduction studies are necessary to establish the correct cause of your symptoms.

I suggest you to consult a Neurophysician for a detailed clinical examination and further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day